We explain in this short video taken in our warehouse why these premium slate slabs are simply the best and with a a price tag of just £130 delivered to most UK areas they are sure to give you a big bang for your buck.
Buy direct from the importer and save yourself ££'s - use what you save to pay a local firm to cut the slate to size.
These large black slate slabs are ideally suited to those looking to create a enhance a fireplace or looking for a lovely piece of slate to set off a wood burner. With sawn sides and gently riven finish that oozes style and sophistication its little wonder these slate slabs are proving to be a popular choice to both our trade and retail customers. Each slate slab is 1200 x 900mm and a calibrated thickness of 20mm and weigh approximately 70 kgs each.
Features and benefits
- Size 1200 x 900 x 20mm (nominal) - large slab to avoid joints
- Straight cut, diamond sawn edges
- Subtle riven surface imparting a chic and classy look
- Anthracite / dark grey colour - natural veining and striations can exist, its all in keeping with the character, see last picture for variations that can exist
- Will look darker when sealed and tonal colour variations will show up more vividly
- Ideally suited for use as a fireplace hearth and for supporting a wood burner
- Sample service available to check colour and texture so you can be confident of your purchase
- All slabs are sourced from Brazil, imported directly using our own team - buy direct and save
Simply use the drop down menu to make your selection - the more you buy the cheaper it is. If you are looking for quantities of 10 or more please call our office for bulk rate.
Our Brazilian Operation
Large slate blocks - on their way to our team
Our Team in Brazil
(800x400 slabs in the crate)
We import our Brazilian slate under our product brand RioSlate and also export to other European countries like Holland and Germany, whilst we work with a number of quarry owners we have invested in our own production with one of our quarry partners that gives us greater advantages than merely "buying and selling" - these benefits are passed on to our customers in terms of better quality and competitive prices.
Buying options and online checklist
- Collect from Milton Keynes or we can deliver - select from the drop down menu
- All prices include VAT to most UK areas - see delivery for areas that incur a surcharge
- Please also review our online checklist - this will ensure a smooth purchase online, it covers those often asked questions for your peace of mind. If you are unsure of any aspect, please do get in touch and one of our team will be happy to assist you.
- If you need any help or advice please call us anytime on 01908 46 46 56 - we have a 24/7 live answering service so you can be assured your call will be answered
- If you prefer to send a message why not use our convenient WhatsApp messenger app where you can send a message directly from your mobile. It's the little green phone icon at the bottom left of the screen. One of our team will respond within a few hours - sometimes a few minutes!
- Baby you can light my fire - an article written by Shane in our team that will resonate with folks looking to create a focal point in their living space.